Legal Question in Immigration Law in Ohio

I have filed for an I-130 and am on humanitarian parole for 2 weeks can i file for an extension or remain in the U.S. while is pending?

Asked on 3/31/10, 6:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

It depends on the nature and purpose of the humanitarian parole. If the purpose has been accomplished (such as one doctor visit), then an extension is not likely. If the purpose has been exacerbated (such as coming for a surgery for a relative and now the relative needs daily care), then an extension is possible.

CBP and/or CIS will not extend a humanitarian parole simply for a a visa number to come current.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/10, 6:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Ohio