Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Ohio

My Mom found a lump in her breast in 3-10 she had a mamogram . They removed the lump in 6-10 and a spot on her breast . The spot that they removed looked like it was infected . She made an appointment and the DR told her it looked normal . She was still concered with the spot and she made another appt and it still was not healed and looked very strange . She asked to have the DR look at it and she stated her concerns with DR and wanted him to test for cancer . He told her that the test they did for that she had to lose 10lbs to have the test done . She is overweight and is a diabetic . He never offered her any advise on how to lose the weight and told her to call when she lost it . She made an appt with PC and he sent her to a dietition . Still concern she called the surgon and asked him if there is anything he could do , he said no you can lose the weight . She finally lost the weight and called the office and made an appt , he told her that it wwas not cancer and that she had no concerns very discouraged she did not know where to turn . Another DR in the practice my sister knew him and explained the situration to him and said call the office and make an appt with me , she did and he looked at it and made the appt to have the test done right away . It came back as cancer not only in the lump but on the skin . She was scheduled for surgery 7 days later and had a lumpectomy , where 9 of 34 lympnodes where cancer . She is stage four breast cancer and the first DR wasted 9 months telling her it wasnt cancer and she was fat . Just wanting some advice to see if she has a case and to have a lawyer contact us . Thank you

Asked on 2/16/11, 5:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ryan Fisher Lowe Eklund Wakefield Co. LPA

While "failure to diagnose" or "delay in diagnosis of cancer" cases are tricky your mom's situation certainly sounds like it needs investigating. I have many questions for you about your moms case and many different issues and would very much like to talk to you about it. Please feel free to call me in my office at 216-781-2800.

Read more
Answered on 2/16/11, 5:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Ohio