Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

My girlfriend was caught in the middle of a scuffle at a bar as we were trying to leave. She was knocked down to the ground & hit her head and neck and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. While there she was given a few tests. She has insurance but it didn't go into effect until June 29 and this incident happened on June 17. Would she be able to send the bills she receives to the bar?

Asked on 7/29/10, 8:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Neil Rubin Neil S. Rubin, Attorney at Law, LLC

She could but they will not necessarily pay. So, you need to hire a personal injury attorney to advocate for you. This attorney can negotiate a settlement with the bar or file a suit if the owner does not cooperate.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/10, 8:56 am
Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

She can try, but it is unlikely that the bar will accept responsibility. The bar may carry insurance with a medical payments provision that could apply. If any or all of the individuals involved were arrested, the criminal court may be inclined to order restitution for her bills as well. Best to consult with a personal injury attorney in your area.

Andrew R. Tobergte, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/10, 12:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio