Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

I am the executrix of my mother's estate. There are 6 kids in the family, but I have done all of the work myself. My parents house is 75 miles from mine and I spent all of my weekends there for months cleaning out all of the small stuff and hired a moving company to take out only the large furniture pieces. The estate attorney has not reimbursed me for anything and is reluctant to give me any information. Others have said that I should absolutely be reimbursed for any and all related expenses. How can I get reimbursed for travel expenses, moving expenses, and other related expenses from the estate?

Asked on 11/01/12, 9:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.

As executrix, you are permitted a fee for your services. Check out the form entitled Computation of Fiduciary Fee (Ohio Revised Code 2113.35). You can find it online or ask Hamilton County Probate Court for a copy. You are also entitled for reimbursement for expenses. It is important to have a record of your expenses. You should be reimbursed from the estate for this, as long as they are estate-related expenses

Read more
Answered on 11/01/12, 4:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio