Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

I live in my mother's house who is no longer with us. Their are four of us who own the house. I pay all the bills and the property taxes. My question is should my brother and sisters help out with the property taxes. If we rented it we would all have to split the property taxes. So I hope you can help so I can go to them and ask them for help. Depending on your answer. Thanks.

Asked on 8/30/09, 3:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

Since they partially own the property they should help out with the property taxes. However, do you pay them any type of rent to live there? What they will likely say is since you live there then you should have to pay the taxes.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Read more
Answered on 8/30/09, 5:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio