Legal Question in Workers Comp in Ohio

I got hurt at work in january of 2013,did not go to doctor do to fear of not knowing if i would loose job,went to doctor 4 months later and found out i tore mcl in left knee,had it repaired on my own not workers comp,now in february of this year slip while at work and hurt knee found out tore mcl in left knee again trying to file on workers comp and feel like im going to be denied because i had previously had this repaired,if i am denied is there anything i can do about it,company i work for is self funded and care works is the company that handles workers comp claims for them

Asked on 4/30/14, 12:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

Yes, you can absolutely file the claim for the tear. Depending upon how the medical records look, however, it may be best to file as a substantial aggravation claim. Self-insured employers can be particularly difficult to deal with but you have recourse through the Industrial Commission when denials occur. I would be happy to discuss your claim in more detail. My firm has numerous Dayton area clients with orthopedic injuries. Give me a call anytime at 513-737-5180 ext. 22.

Andrew Tobergte


McKenzie & Snyder LLP

229 Dayton St.

Hamilton, OH 45011

513-737-5180 ext. 22

513-737-5179 (f)

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 5/01/14, 5:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Ohio