Legal Question in Workers Comp in Ohio

I injured myself at work but my employer told me not to file workers comp. He said he would pay the medical bills. The bills are now past due and he has not paid them. What are my rights?

Asked on 3/05/10, 9:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

The scenario you are describing is not unusual. Generally speaking you have two years from the date of your injury to file a workers' compensation claim in Ohio.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/10, 5:17 am
David Michael Benson Benson Law Firm

There are many reasons to file a claim promptly and, since the system is adversarial in nature (neither your employer nor the BWC wants you to recover), you should seek the assistance of a lawyer in doing so. I would suggest requesting a free consultation with a reputable attorney ASAP.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/10, 2:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Ohio