Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Oklahoma

I have a court case against me for credit debt and I was wondering what does "summary of motion judgement" mean? I don't have the money to see a lawyer to or to have them help me. I have told the lawyer and courthouse many times that I don't have the money, no job, and I don't own anything of value.

Asked on 6/21/13, 8:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Watzke James Watzke Attorney at Law PLLC

Motion for Summary Judgment is filed when the other party believes they are entitled to a judgment as a matter of law meaning there is no issue of fact and therefore no need for a trial. In relation to a credit card debt all they need to show is that you have an unpaid debt and that they are entitled to a judgment against you for that amount. You need to consult with an attorney as soon as possible to avoid having the court issue a ruling granting the credit card company summary judgment. If the credit card company is granted summary judgment they will likely file a garnishment against your wages. If you don't have a job right now they will hold the garnishment until you get a job and then your paycheck will be garnished to pay your debt.

It sounds like you may benefit from Bankruptcy which could possibly wipe out all of your credit card debt as well as any other unsecured debts that you may have.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 8:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Oklahoma