Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

Child support

In the case of refiguring child support. if my exwife has divorced and she wants more child support and she is also recieving alimony money from her second ex husband. Will her alimony count as part of her income?

Asked on 9/10/01, 6:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Bohannan The Bohannan Law Office, P.C.

Re: Child support

In Oklahoma, alimony is not specifically listed as income which would be included as gross income for the purposes of child support computation; however, it is not specifically excluded in the exclusions, either. Accordingly, since child support shall be computed as a percentage of the combined gross income of each parent, it seems to follow that alimony would be considered income to a parent. Be advised; however, that child support received for children not before the court IS specifically excluded from income. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/26/01, 12:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma