Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

My fiancee is pregnant and it is not mine. We are getting married before she has the baby does that make me legally the father in Oklahoma and can the biological father try to take us to court and get his rights

Asked on 10/03/13, 4:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Adcox Bob Adcox, Attorney At Law

This can be a tricky situation... does the biological father want any type of relationship with the child? When the child is born you should sign the affidavit denying paternity, and the biological father should sign a affidavit acknowledging paternity. With doing that the biological father may attempt to go to court to get his rights. I would strongly urge you before the birth of the child to sit down and discuss this matter with someone who does a lot of family law matters.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 7:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma