Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

my wife and I are getting divorced and I need to know what I need to get full custody of my 3 year old daughter and visitation for my 8 year old step daughter

Asked on 9/22/13, 2:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Adcox Bob Adcox, Attorney At Law

Obtaining full custody of your three (3) year old would mean that you can prove to the Court that full custody is in your child's best interests. That is not usually a easy task. There is a rebuttal assumption that parents should both share equally (as possible) in a child's life. To be granted joint custody you need to determine, is this in my child's best interests and if so, why. You should work very closely with your attorney to come up with a plan for your child's best interests.

The Court will not usually award you visitation of your step daughter. However, you might be able to argue for sibling visitation between the two sisters and you could be present for that visitation.. Personally, I have had quite a few cases where the step father has been an important part of the step child's life and the biolgical parent will by agreement give the step parent some time with that child. Again work closely with your attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 7:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma