Legal Question in Personal Injury in Oklahoma

How long do I have to file a suit against my employer?

I have been working at my job for allmost four years. I do assembly work. I know I have aquired carpal tunal in both of my wrist. My wrist ache, burn and wake me up at night with extreme pain especially in my left hand. Sometimes I will be holding a cup and allmost drop it. We were promised insurance within 3 months of our employment, but still don't have it! I have seen my Dr. and he thinks I have CT also. He wants to run some test, but I can't afford it! I have decided to find another job with benefits, but I would like to seek legal action against my current employer. Can I quit working there and still file a claim against him and if so how long do I have? Thank you very much!

Asked on 12/19/04, 12:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Graves The Law Office of John H. Graves, PLLC

Re: How long do I have to file a suit against my employer?

You need to see a worker's compensation attorney regarding your injuries. If you were injured as a result of your employment, unless there is some really unique circumstance, the WC court is the only jurisdiction. You typically have one year from date of injury to file a claim. I recommend you speak to Richard Bell in Norman, you can tell him that I referred you if you like. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/04, 10:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Oklahoma