Legal Question in Consumer Law in Oregon

So i had my vehicle repaired and paid for the bill. The bill was 100 bucks less then I was quoted. The employee said "thats all it was" and me my keys and I left. That was wed, today I get a call from the local police. Apparently they forgot to add one part onto the bill and reported that I stole it. What are my options? Online it says that I dont have to pay for the part becuse of their error. That verbal aggreements are upholdable in court, but Im not sure about that. My brother is telling me to sue for filing a false police report. What are my options?

Asked on 12/18/15, 9:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Meek Daniel W. Meek

If the facts you have stated are correct, your brother is correct that you can sue the repair shop for knowingly filing a false police report. Your causes of action would include defamation.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/15, 2:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Oregon