Legal Question in Education Law in Pakistan

I have had a name correction (from shehriyar to sheriyar humaiyon the sir name was missing) on the educational certificates from metric till bachelors. Everything went fine but when it came to Punjab University Lahore they asked to undergo a procedure thru court of law. I did everything that was required but they say that they wont give the original degree and only a duplicate will be issued and on it they wrote that the name has been changed and they didnt write that it has been corrected and they wrote the name as shehriyar alias shehriyar humaiyon. Also the degree they issued is a duplicate with the name of the civil judge who dealt the case written on it. There is no sign of controller on the degree.

My question is that in the case there has not been written at any point that the name shehriyar is same as shehriyar humaiyon so is this not wrong?

Also will it not create a problem when the educational certificates will be given in foreign universities or the universities or job institutions even in pakistan? Please guide me in this regard I am really helpless and thinking that I have lost my degree....

Asked on 10/06/11, 6:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adnan Bashir A B Choudry Law Firm

get the attested copy of the judgement and plaint and fix it with the Duplicate degree . that will help you to some extent and will be sufficient to clarify the situation .

that s all what i can get the situation from you texture. if you have the different facts , contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 10/06/11, 7:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Pakistan