Legal Question in Immigration Law in Pennsylvania

INS Question

Can someone with a green card who may possibly be deported by the INS get married to a US citizen and will that keep them in the US?

Asked on 11/14/07, 4:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kristofer Kaufmann Torchia & Kaufmann, L.L.C.

Re: INS Question

Yes, as long as the marriage is entered into in good faith. Meaning this person is not getting married simply to avoid the immigration laws. There are also additional parameters that this person must meet, such as having no criminal record. Call me with any questions.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/07, 5:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania