Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Pennsylvania

I have a question on behalf of a friend. His mother racked up large amounts of money under his name and left the bills go unpaid. Many of these charges under his name were made without his knowledge or consent. As a result it has destroyed his credit. He is stuck in a deep hole. He doesn't have any money to file for bankruptcy. He also refuses to sue his own mother. Recently, we were discussing this problem with a mutual friend and they mentioned that there may be a way to not sue the mother but rather transfer all of those unpaid charges unto her name. Is that a possibility? Or what would you best recommend in the situation?

Asked on 2/21/15, 9:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ellis Klein Young, Klein & Associates

Hello, unfortunately there does not seem to be any other option but to either file for bankruptcy or do nothing. If there were fraudulent charges, he should have contacted the credit card company upon discovery and they could have looked into it. However, if charges were made without consent possible criminal charges could be involved.

Bankruptcy would clear up the bad credit and eventually he would be able to get credit back.

More info on Bankruptcy can be found on our website

Best regards

Ellis B. Klein, Esquire

Young Klein & Associates


Read more
Answered on 2/22/15, 6:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania