Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

Not paid

I have been an employee of an Ambulance for 4 years. For each run we are required to write a tripsheet. I did not complete at tripsheet and they did not pay me for my hours manning a station. The run never happened in that shift, what can I do about it?


Asked on 5/03/01, 1:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

Re: Not paid

Under the wage and hour law, you are entitled to be paid minimum wages. Beyond that, you have a right to complain that you were not paid. Unfortunately, the only forum to address the issue, absent a collective bargaining agreement as part of a union, is through a lawsuit. Because the amount of pay is probably not great, district justice court is the best place to be.

I trust this has been helpful, but feel free to call or e-mail with further questions.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/01, 3:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania