Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

I'm start a web design company and purchased an LLC.

Is there an annual fee for LLC's if so what is it?

How do I make sure I am set to be taxed as a sole proprietor?

Do I need an EIN to pay subcontractors?

Do I need an EIN in general if I DO NOT want to be taxed as a corp?

How do I pay subcontractors?

Do I need to register another fictitious name to drop the LLC in my logo? If so how, and how much?

What are the requirements of using an LLC on my name? Do I have to use it in my logo, website domain, legal paper, etc?

Do I pay quarterly taxes? Or do I get taxed all together in April?

Am I a 'professional service'?

Do I need licenses, permits, or health insurance?

Do I have to pay into workers comp?

How do I pay another LLC?

How do I work corp to corp? What docs/contracts should I have with them?

Asked on 10/11/13, 1:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce McCullough Bodell Bove', LLC

For the type of business you describe, there is not an annual reporting requirement or fee for a Pennsylvania LLC. To get started, you will need an EIN and Operating Agreement for the LLC. It sounds like you will need to change the ownership with the Pa. Div. of Corp. With the changes that will have to be made in the existing LLC, it is not clear that you are saving money by not setting up your own LLC from scratch, but that may be water under the bridge at this point.

You have too many issues to answer in a free-question forum. Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss the cost of advising you on getting your business going. There is no cost or obligation for the initial call.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/13, 5:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania