Legal Question in Consumer Law in Pennsylvania

My Ex-Fiance broke off our engagement and is now not willing to put the Cell Phone Plan for His, His Mother, His Son and his Girlfriend (4 smart phones) in his name. I had to put it in my name because his credit was soooo bad. How can I make him move the account under his name and take it off of mine? Verizon says there would be no cost to him to make the change.

Asked on 4/23/13, 7:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

You can't. This was a BAD idea. Never get anything jointly with another person who you are not married to. There are lots of alternatives to having a cell phone plan. Your fiance could have gotten a pre-paid card which would require no credit checks. They even have family plans (check out WalMart). Your name is on there and as between you and Verizon, if the fiance does not pay, you are going to be stuck. Your only option is to pay (if you are near the end of the contract) or pay the termination fee and terminate now. The latter may be the best option because you do not want the ex-fiance and his family to stick you with a huge cell phone bill, which can happen.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 10:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania