Legal Question in Consumer Law in Pennsylvania

Purchased a bottle 4/4/16 of 2L carbonated international brand of diet soda in PA. After opening and drinking, discovered a metallic or plastic taste. Emailed company that evening; in less than 24 hours company assigned a case number and requested that I call back, which I did and they asked me for more information, but would not tell me where the beverage was created, nor would they tell me if I could have ingested something dangerous. The representative told me that my description of what I reported had never been reported by anyone else; but they did want me to tell them the distributor information along with UPC and other relevant numerical coding. While they are sending coupons, I stated that I was more concerned about whether I may have ingested something unhealthy or even hazardous. She would only say, "that she understands," but would not give me any information. So, should I have this product tested (is this costly/where?) for toxins, pesticides, or other contaminants, etc., and/or seek representation? I'd like to find out what this could be and if this company and its distributor libel for unsafe preparation or in the contamination of the ingredients for in this batch I purchased. I did not have any immediate adverse physical effects, but I am concerned I may have ingested something harmful to me over time which could affect my health. So in review, is this remaining product worth testing? How and where to test? What is the cost involved? Should I get a lawyer involved?

Asked on 4/07/16, 8:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Solomon Weinstein Solomon Weinstein, Esquire

I suggest you speak with an attorney you may have a product liability issue. Certainly testing would be worthwhile. You may want to contact the FTC or the product safety commision or Pennsylvania Consumer Protection Bureau as well as the the store where you purchased the product. You also may want to check with your doctor. to report the problem and see if there has been other issues involved.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/16, 6:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania