Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

A man owes us 1 year of payments for a building he bought from decesed parents how can we collect?

Asked on 1/05/13, 8:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hire a collection attorney. The attorney will probably be willing to accept a piece of any recovery in lieu of payment. The attorney will send the man a collection letter. If that does not work, the attorney will sue and hopefully get a judgment. Once the judgment is entered, depending on where the man lives, the attorney can try to collect by garnishing wages (if allowed - PA does not have wage garnishment for debts like this), seize bank accounts or any other assets owned free and clear. The judgment can be a lien on real estate too.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/13, 12:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania