Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

I have been sued by a collection agency for a credit card from around 5 years ago. They have failed to give me any evidence of the amount owed after I filed an answer to their lawsuit. I have just received a letter stating that three arbitrators have been assigned. The end of the letter requests that I sign it and return it to the court in person. Do I have to do this or is this a trick into agreeing to arbitration? I am doing this all on my own and I’m confident that I could win in arbitration but I’m wondering if it is even necessary for me to acknowledge this letter that was not sent certified. The collection agency that purchased the debt has sent me several letters claiming to attach evidence (for example they will say, refer to document A, but there is no document A actually attached).

Asked on 6/08/20, 2:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

I am happy to review the documents and docket if it's available online.

Each county has their own rules, to the extent they don't conflict with the state. I'm not sure what you're describing so I would need to look at the docs on a free initial basis.

Feel free to call 610 489-3041 or email [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/08/20, 7:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania