Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

i'm 16 weeks pregnant with my ex's child. my ex was always drunk and very abusive. i filed a police report but dropped the charges in october. in november he put his hands on me again and i contacted the police and i also filed a protection order right after. a few weeks later we modified the pfa to allow him to have contact about the pregnancy. we started comunicating about other things and we were even trying to get back together. did i violate this protection order. this past weekend we got into an arguement and out of no where his mother started contacted me. i informed her if she kept it up i would contact the police. she went to the police and claimed i was stalking and harassing her family and her and her "minor children" when i have never met them before. any good legal attorneys around the quakertown area would like to take this case and if not can i get somebodys legal advice has to if i should get an attorney now and even get an attorney about custody. please email me at [email protected] please

Asked on 2/27/13, 9:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ellis Klein Young, Klein & Associates

I would need additional information from you before I could properly advise you. The PFA applies to him not having any contact with you, so I do not believe that you contacting him would cause you to be in trouble for violating the pfa.

The fact that the police were called and that you were accused of committing a crime is troublesome as the police can charge you if they feel a crime was committed.

Best of luck,

Ellis B. Klein, Esquire

328 W. Broad St. 2nd Floor

Quakertown PA 18951


Read more
Answered on 2/27/13, 9:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania