Legal Question in DUI Law in Pennsylvania

I owe a fine from an old dui in Pa in 1998. I was not aware of the fine until recently when I went to get my NY drivers license and they told me that PA had a block on my license.I looked up the case and it is now closed so I called the county it happened and they are looking in to it but said there is a bench warrant in the county. The fine is about $1200 and I will pay it but would like to know if there is a chance of getting the warrant removed and the hold taken off DMVs record and they give me a payment plan, so I can go ahead and get my NY license. I really had no idea that the fine existed or I would have paid it by now. I haven't been in PA since 1998.

Asked on 3/25/13, 7:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


You should have a lawyer help you. It might not be as expensive as you think and it will be done right. You could be arrested if you are stopped.

You also may be driving while suspended.

Call if you would like to discuss the matter.


Best wishes,

Read more
Answered on 3/26/13, 7:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania