Legal Question in DUI Law in Pennsylvania

Wasn't sure what other topic I should have put this under -

When I was 19 I received a citation for underage drinking and my parents made me plead guilty and pay the fine. I am currently in a program for School Counseling as well as applying to become a substitute teacher. On my PA Criminal Background check - it states No Record - However, the application states that I must write out any offense including summary offenses - Do do I still have to report this? Is it possible to have expunged?

Asked on 9/16/09, 2:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brendan Campbell Solomon, Berschler, Warren, Schatz, Flood & Monaghan

Yes, you do still have to report it. Underage drinking is a summary offense, which is less serious than a misdemeanor or felony. However, if the application asks for all arrests including summaries, you should state it. It is better to be honest than be caught not disclosing something. It is possible to get that summary arrest expunged from your record. You should consult an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/09, 2:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania