Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

abandonment and custody law

My son is 6yrs old and has not had any contact with his biological father for the past 2yrs. I recently got married and my hudsband would like to adopt my son. What is needed to have a strong case to prove child abandonment or to terminate the biological fathers rights. Note: the biological father does pay child support (often not on a regular basis), but has not spoken or seen my son for 2yrs.

Asked on 1/06/06, 12:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stanley Fudor Law Offices of Stanley Fudor

Re: abandonment and custody law

There are two avenues you can take. Either a voluntary or involuntary termiantion may take place by a Court. One needs to file a petition and if it is against the will or desire of the father then a hearing will be set. You should contact an attorney as there are statutory requirements that are needed to be addressed when doing a step-parent adoption.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/06, 6:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania