Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

does my daughter need consent from her sons father to sign her rights over to me

Asked on 11/17/11, 3:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Justin Gearty Law Office of Justin C Gearty Jr

A parents rights cannot be terminated unless it is done through an adoption. If you are referring to her giving you custody, the father would need to be notified and he would have a chance to respond in court. I would highly suggest that you retain a lawyer to handle this.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/11, 5:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania