Legal Question in Health Care Law in Pennsylvania

I had 2 complications from esophageal dilataion at our surgery center and which occurred in a 2 month span 1 of them from technician error.I voluntarily reliquinised these procedures with promise that I could easily reappply for these according to 1 of the GI physicans that is the only group at our home hospital and the surgery center.However after many months of delay and refusing my request to meet with the committee that made the decision not to reinstate these procedures with one of the physicans from the GI group sitting as a member of this committe. I than petioned to appear before the board of managers again same physician from the only GI group credentailed at our hospital and surgery center. Because of this decision I can't perform this procedure at the Hospital which owns a conrolling interest in the for prophet surgery even though I performed 88 esophageal dilatations with no complications and over 300 of these procedures since being in practice since begining my practice in 1979. The GI group proctored me and approved me to perform upper and lower endoscopy therapeutic and diagnostic at the hospital I practice at. Now they refuse to proctor me for above procedure so I can become recentialed for this procedure but the decision was made to have find a program where I would do 25 peocedures under supervsion at a teaching facility.They say I feel out of the norm for percentage of complication by the ASGE only based on 25 procedures not the total number of procedures done. I feel this is a conflict for a physician to chair the Board Governs and sit on the medical affairs committe and make a decision that would benefit there group. I feel this was not handled appropiately andx the decision unfair.Being a practcing Internist where would I find a prectorship that would provide me with the training

Asked on 8/04/09, 8:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Pulito Culbertson, Weiss, Schetroma, and Schug

I'm not sure I see the legal question here. Can you be more specific. What precisely is your question?


Read more
Answered on 8/10/09, 8:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania