Legal Question in Immigration Law in Pennsylvania

I as married to my husband for almost 4 years. After 2 we were separated. During the marriage my husband withdrew my application for status. Can I appy for status by myself?

Asked on 6/23/11, 5:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bonnie Moses Dessen, Moses & Rossitto

Had you already received your conditional permanent resident card? If so, the applications to remove conditions (which gets you your permanent resident card) may be able to be filed without your husband's sponsorship.

However, if you are filing anew, in most cases you can only file your own application if you can prove that you were subject to abuse during the marriage, and that the marriage ended for those reasons.

You can contact us at 215_242_3830 to schedule a free consultation with our immigration attorney, Adam DeJohn.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/11, 12:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania