Legal Question in Insurance Law in Pennsylvania

I had been in a at fault auto accident in 2009 in PA. I rear ended a car in a stop and go situation and the impact was a low. The car in front had only few scratches on the rear bumper. Now, the case has gone to arbitration and I have been requested to attend this hearing in person. I have moved out of PA since. Can I get compensated for the expenses (travel/stay) incurred for attending this hearing?

Do i have to attend this hearing ?

Asked on 10/19/13, 5:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

The answers are (a) no you do not get compensated for travel expenses (hello! you have been sued here!) and (b) you had better damn well show up or you will lose.

Why are you not talking to your insurer? They have a duty to defend you and will provide a lawyer to you. From what you are describing this claim should have been within the limits of your insurance policy.

If you did not have insurance then you need to get your own lawyer as soon as possible to represent you at the hearing. You still need to attend.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/13, 11:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania