Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Pennsylvania

recording cds

May I record books onto a cd and then sell them?

Asked on 7/22/08, 6:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerry Elman Elman Technology Law, P.C.

Re: recording cds

If the book is still within the term of its copyright, you would need to have the permission of the copyright owner. If the book is in the public domain, for example, if the copyright has already expired, then there wouldn't be a copyright in effect to prevent you from doing so.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/08, 7:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania