Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

Was instructed by the Judge on the case to file a Contempt of Court order RE: I talked to the Judge on the phone as this is his case and in his Court Order he says "all disputes are to come back to this Judge." This is a deed dispute concerning an easement where the other party is to pay their proportionate share of the expenses to have "ingress and egress." It was decided in my favor (I own the land), but now the other party will not pay for what they were ordered to do.

But I cannot find the necessary Contempt forms, even though I went our courthouse (the prothoniary) and asked how to get these forms---was told to go online but all I found were forms for child contempt cases.

Can you help or tell me what to do as I am acting as the attorney of record. Many thanks. I appreciate it.

Asked on 7/24/13, 4:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Well you're going to need a copy of the PA Rules of Civil procedure along with a copy of the local rules of you count and draft a motion for contempt or it might be a petition for contempt. You'd have to check the rules. The good news they are online. The sad fact is drafting this paperwork is well above your pay grade. Time to hire a lawyer if your luck you might be able to get attorneys' fees. Though not likely.,


Read more
Answered on 7/25/13, 6:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania