Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

Hello, and thank you in advance for any advice. I need to file an objection to my grandmother’s will. I have been told by an attorney that I have standing, however he no longer goes to the court for hearings, so he advised me to submit myself, however after quite a bit of research I cannot find a sample of one like it on line that I can use as a reference. I know how to number the points and write the body, I’m just at a loss as to how to word the top….is it called notice of objection? Motion of objection? I live in PA and we do have orphan’s court. There are no forms available for this on their site for this. Thanks again for your time.

Asked on 1/09/24, 4:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

The court is not going to reject your papers no matter what title you give them. But honestly if you have a good case it's a very, very bad idea to handle this yourself. There are very specific procedural rules to follow and almost certainly you're going to blow your case from the start regardless of how beautiful you write your papers. That's not how it works. Many counties in PA have online websites where you can view wills and other papers filed in other cases.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/24, 7:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania