Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

I injured my back in may I having surgery on august 9 it was due to a superior having me complete a duty that he knew was likely to hurt to I have been receiving my wc checks am I able to sue my company since I have to under go surgery

Asked on 7/24/13, 5:27 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Richard Senker Senker Law Office

No. All you can get are your work comp wage and medical benefits.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/13, 5:35 am

Drew Quinones Drew Quinones, P.C.

PA law does not allow for you to sue your employer for anything other than workers compensation benefits. You should speak with an attorney experienced in workers compensation law. Call me for a free consult.


Read more
Answered on 7/24/13, 5:49 am
Domenic Bellisario Law Office of Domenic A. Bellisario

As others have said, the answer is no, but you may have a potential claims against other parties. Also, you may have a claim for additional money due to any surgical scar. That is why it is best to contact an experienced lawyer. Feel free to contact me at (800) 433-9700 or (412) 471-6463 for a free consultation. I have handled many worker injury cases, including obtaining money for scars, as well as claims against other parties for defective equipment and negligence.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/13, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania