Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

I've been off on workers comp for ten months. Had an ind. Med eval and she says I can go back light duty although my doctor says I cannot work. Work says they have modified work duty and to report on Mon or face loss of workers comp and termination. What do I do? I am in state of pa. Do I go to work and do nothing because my Dr says I can't work?

Asked on 12/07/13, 1:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Drew Quinones Drew Quinones, P.C.

You need to speak with an experienced workers compensation attorney.

Call me 267-210-8752

Read more
Answered on 12/07/13, 2:02 pm
Richard Senker Senker Law Office

If you go back to work and it is work that you are physically able to do (you'll never know unless you try), all is good. If you go back to work and it is work you cannot do, tell your boss that you cannot do the work and have them call a taxi or provide transportation for you to go DIRECTLY to your doctor or to the emergency room. If you don't have them provide transportation for you to go DIRECTLY to a doctor from work, you won't have to proof you'll need later to show that you tried but could not do the work. If you don't go back to work, the insurance company will take steps to terminate or reduce your benefits. You should meet with an experienced work comp atty in your area. Call me if you want recommendations.

Richard Senker 610 279 1600

Read more
Answered on 12/08/13, 5:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania