Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in South Carolina

Important Question!!

I am 16 years old and, I am the victim of a criminal sexual misconduct and dissemination of harmful material case in Marlboro County. The pedophile was one of my former teachers, he lives less than one mile from the school that I am suppose to attend. I am currently on medical homebound because, I cannot and will not go to school unless I am transferred to another school out of the county. My mom is in the process of trying to get me transferred to another school out of the county. The school board officials are refusing to let me transfer unless we pay a certain amount of money for tuition. Is there any legal action that my mother can take against the school board or the school district of Marlboro County? The principal of the school that the teacher was employed by hid evidence from the authorities to cover up for this pedophile. Is there any legal action we can take against her?

I have also been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) from the sexual abuse. Is there anyway that we can take out a civil suit against this man for the pain he has caused my family and I over the past 7 months and the pain that I will be put through in the future? If so, what are the chances of a case standing in court?

Asked on 5/13/08, 6:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.

Re: Important Question!!

It sounds like you have a pretty good case.Contact my office or have your Mom call and we can talk. I can also give you the names of a few other attorneys who can help you.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/08, 6:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in South Carolina