Legal Question in Consumer Law in South Carolina

small claims

made a purchase on ebay in November 07 for a camera... the description said ''mint'' condition, but I received the camera and it had scratches on it, so I contacted the seller and she sent a new one but it still had scratches... this went on until late January when I filed a complaint with ebay and told the seller I would just like my money back... I figured the seller or ebay would return my money. In March I checked the status of my complaint with ebay and all i got was an email that said they were investigating the situation. Now it is April, I still have no money, it is too late to get my money back using paypal, ebay has still not refunded my money, my bank will not let me dispute the charge because it is after 60 days of the purchase... So what can I do to get my money back? Can go to small claims court? and how do I do that when the seller lives in another state? Can I add the cost of the flight into my suit?

Asked on 4/22/08, 8:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Roxon Roxon Law Office LLC

Re: small claims

You would probably have to sue the seller in her home state. Each state has different rules that govern it's court system. It appears that you are in Texas, so you would have to consult a Texas attorney to determine whether you could sue her in Texas. The cost of the flight would be for the Court to decide.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/08, 9:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in South Carolina