Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

CDV and dropping charges

I have read thru a few questions and answers, and have pretty much concluded that in SC, a victim cannot request that charges be dropped in a pending CDV case. In my ex-boyfriends case, he has two charges of CDV, both misdemeanors, 1st degree burglary, and interference of child custody. I understand the CDV charges, but I dont agree with the 1st degree burglary because we actually lived together for a while and then I kicked him out for a while but he still came and went as he wished. I understand that charge may carry a substantial sentance and I dont wish that on him at all. What steps can I go thru to get the charges reduced or even the thought across that I dont wish that he goes to prison over this. Please dont judge me, just give me your best legal opinion.

Asked on 8/15/08, 4:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: CDV and dropping charges

If he had permission then its not burglary. You can call the Solicitor that is prosecuting it and tell him.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/08, 6:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina