Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

removing parental rights and adoption

My ex-husband has not seen my daughter in 3 yrs. He wants to give up his rights and not pay child support. My new husband wants to adopt my daughter (she wants this also). What do I need to do to get this started and could this be done on my own or do I need an attorney? What would this cost if attorney were needed?

Asked on 6/28/04, 11:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter Smith Law Offices of Walter H. Smith

Re: removing parental rights and adoption

You will definitely require the services of an attorney and it should cost between $1500 and $2000, assuming everyone's cooperation. I am curious about the status of child support.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/04, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina