Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

In South Carolina since my wife won't for divorce, I'm the one who committed adultery, how do I go about filing for separation. We have lived apart for almost 4 months now. I know that SC makes you wait a year of separation. Is that 1 year from the time I file for separation or 1 year from the time that we started living apart?

Thank you

Asked on 6/05/13, 3:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

Representing yourself in Family Court is rarely a good idea. You should consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case. If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 8:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina