Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

The key factors that are important are :

1) Husband is Military(Army) stationed at Fort Campbell,TN.

2) ADULTERY... He cheated and got woman pregnant, I moved myself and two year old daughter home to my parents(Mount Pleasant,SC)

3) NO CHILD CUSTODY/SUPPORT AGREEMENT ...YET, all assets are divided already...

4) I am ADAMENT on getting FULL custody of our daughter, he's seen her once since January 2012, also interested in name change, if not possible, hyphenation.

5)He's been struggling with anger,alcohol,drug abuse currently seeing therapist on Fort Campbell base, recent arrests, and a ridiculous driving record.

6)The mistress is underage and drinks a lot, in and out of clubs, husband has admitted she has left their child with unstable people.( I do not want this influence around my daughter!)HAVE PROOF OF EVERYTHING!!!

7)He sold both the cars leaving me with none until I had to go finance one, costing me having to leave prior jobs,( left no way for me to get to school or work or my daughter to appts)

8) Even if he asked to bring our daughter back to TN, she won't have her own room, her speech therapist resides here in SC, our church is here, he's deploying to Korea in November, and he can't afford child care while he's at work for her.

9)I have proof of everything

10) I'm a 3.5 gpa student, I have income, no debts( other than car) no criminal record, no substance abuse, I'm sane, I've Taken care of my daughter by myself since day one, him having little influence, my baby is in a safe,stable, nurturing environment, surrounded by people who have done nothing but help us get through this!!

Where the hell do I start?

Asked on 4/25/13, 10:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.

I'd get an attorney. No one should represent herself/himself especially in family law matters. If you do chose to ignore this advice go to and look for the pro se divorce package.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/13, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina