Legal Question in Traffic Law in South Carolina

My wife and I were in a fender bender (extremely minor-damage to the other vehicle was $30)and the insurance company has handled everything. She stopped and I bumped her back bumper. I took responsibility and paid my ticket. Now she has served papers to my father (same name--error in person) to sue me. Does the insurance company handle this or do I need an attorney. [brief history....she had a previous back injury that she told me about at the accident site and was fine and walking around. I called the ambulance because my wife was pregnant and wanted my wife checked out--then all of a sudden the other person starts crying and asking to go to the hospital]

What do I need to do and isn't illegal to serve papers on the wrong person?


Asked on 7/16/13, 5:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.

Just let the insurance company deal with it.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 5:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in South Carolina