Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in South Carolina

The situation: I am th trustee for an bedridden elder with dementia, and have also been caring for her full-time, managing all her affairs, managing repairs to her home from a hurricane, etc, etc. I am a small business owner and have lost many hours of work/income as a result. Am a entitled to charge her estate for my time and lost income, in addition to the usual trustee fees?

Asked on 3/28/17, 8:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Catherine LaFond LaFond Law Group, PA

It depends on what the trust document/power of attorney says. If silent, I recommend you go to the Probate Court to request guardianship/conservatorship and reimbursement for caregiving.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/17, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in South Carolina