Legal Question in Workers Comp in South Carolina

If i got hurt at my job , while working that I'm entitled to work compensation s

i got hurt while working at my job, I reported to the assistant manager. The assistant manager reported to the New manager, now the manager claim that she did not knew anything about it. I'm scheduled for surgery on my arm and I will not be able to work. the manager do not want to sign the papers of my accident, What can i do. What laws cover work compesation and what i supposed to do. Help

Asked on 6/21/00, 10:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alton L. Martin, Jr. Martin & Martin Attorneys, PA

Re: If i got hurt at my job , while working that I'm entitled to work compensati

If you were injured as a result of an on-the-job accident, and your employer has 4 or more employees, then your injury is most likely covered by workers' compensation. If so, your employer must pay for your medical care related to the injury, pay 2/3 of your salary on a weekly basis if the doctor writes you out of work for 7 days or more, and pay you for any permanent impairment from the injury. If your employer is not doing this, you should speak with an attorney. If you still need assistance, please call me at (864) 232-4400 in Greenville. Thanks.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/00, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in South Carolina