Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in South Dakota

I bought a house and my wife was put on it, she didn't pay anything towards it, now she wants to leave and has signed a paper saying she wants her name off the title to house and car, is this a legal document, and can it be used

Asked on 7/30/12, 2:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Craig Craig Law Office

She needs to sign a quit claim deed on the house, and if the vehicle is titled "you or her" nothing, but if it is titled "You AND her", she needs to sign off on the back of the title.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/12, 6:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in South Dakota