Legal Question in Business Law in Tennessee

Underage possession of Alcohol

Me and My friend were caught drinking at a park. I am 18. He is 17. The police officer did not breathalize us. We were not drunk. He said he was only going to charge me with possession. Do you have advice for what I should say in court? Would a lawyer be neccassary? My citation says i have to go two times. The first to be processed. What happens when I am processed? The second for a hearing on the indicated charged. What happens in that? thanks for you help

Asked on 3/20/03, 9:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Patterson KGP Law Firm

Re: Underage possession of Alcohol

You appear to be charged in Germantown City Court. You indicate that you are charged with possession of alcohol. I do believe that you do need a lawyer as this matter can be on your record for life as well as affect you drivers license in Tennessee. To be processed means that are to be photographed and fingerprinted to create a criminal file on you for life. The first date on your Misdemeanor Citation in the booking and processing and the second date is your court date. I will be more than happy to discuss this in greater detail, if you would like to discuss this over the phone. I do not charge for a consultation. Please give me a call at 901-853-0921

Read more
Answered on 3/21/03, 5:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Tennessee