Legal Question in Business Law in Tennessee

I recently got married. We hired a bus company to provide a trolley to shuttle the wedding party from the ceremony to the reception. When the trolley showed up it broke down in front of the church. This meant my wedding party and I were unable to take the pictures we had planned (at different stops around the city) and we were very late to the reception. In fact, we didn't even end up on the trolley, we had to squeeze into a church type van. I have a copy of the signed contract by both the company and ourselves. Lastly, the payment was charged to our credit card. On the Monday after the wedding my mother contacted the company and demanded a refund. They said they would, but it has now been almost three weeks and we haven't seen any money and now we can't get in touch with them. What should we do next?

Asked on 7/06/11, 12:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Caitlin Moon C2Law

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/06/11, 12:22 pm

Kevin B. Murphy Franchise Foundations, APC

As a Franchise Attorney I agree with the other attorney answer. The starting point is to dispute the charge with your credit card provider. If for some reason this doesn't work, you're left with suing them - most likely in Small Claims Court (depending on the amount, etc.) Consult with a good business or franchise attorney in your area for specific advice.

Mr. Franchise - Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.

Franchise Foundations, a Professional Corporation

Read more
Answered on 7/06/11, 1:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Tennessee