Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

HELP please. I am having to represent myself in a child support case. It comes up on Friday. I got out my copy of the petition to set temporary support today to get the docket number and saw that the online form I used had the state of Tenn. included on it. I immediately called the court with my mistake, I would swear that today is the first time I noticed that , but this magistrate can't stand me and the dad's attorney is cutthroat. I am terrified about having filed this document and it looking like someone else is a party. How can I undo this NOW...not try to get it marked out with those two on the day of court?

Asked on 10/01/14, 7:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rosella Shackelford Shackelford Legal Service

The petitioner, In this case you,can always take what is called a nonsuit. This allows the case to be dismissed without. prejudice so that you may bring it back properly in the correct form. You may also do a motion to correct scrivener' error ; this would allow you to amend the petition and make the caption

Read more
Answered on 10/05/14, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee