Legal Question in Family Law in Tennessee

Visitation Rights?

I have been separated from my husband for about a year. we have a two year old daughter; she is living with me. divorce papers are getting underway and i have a problem. i do not want my daughter to have overnight visits with her dad...because his living arrangements are a one bedroom apt. and he is moving his girlfriend (pregnant by him/due any day) in with him. husband also told me proir to this that girlfriend has a daughter too and had her taken away. he has not paid child support since separation and has not kept good job i have the right to keep her from overnight visits there? i do not feel safe doing so. can i arrange for her visits to be here at her home where i know its safe?

please help.

Asked on 5/09/03, 3:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Waldrop Holley, Waldrop, Nearn & Lazarov P.C.

Re: Visitation Rights?

If you have reason to feel you child's safety is at issue, I would ask the court to order supervised visitation and that your daughter not be around his girlfriend. You will also need for the court to set the child support if he is not paying it. You may want to have the support paid by wage assignment.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/03, 8:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Tennessee