Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Texas

I have a nosey neighbor who works in the building connected to where I work and he valets for the office tenants and employees. He parks my boss's car and tells her personal things about my life at home. He also told her he feels sorry for me. I know he's nosey around the neighborhood, but he's constantly telling her things because she comes back and tells me some of what he says. None of this stuff is true and I don't know what to do about it. I have also made eye contact with him and he just looks away and leaves. He's a middle-aged man with a wife and lives in a duplex with his daughter and grand daughters next door. He and his wife are the nosey ones, but he is the one talking about me to my boss! What can I do to make him stop? I'm none of his business. Please help!

Asked on 12/21/10, 8:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


Hello there,

You can have an attorney write him a cease and desist letter informing him if he continues to defame your character you are going to sue him.

Or you can sue him for Slander, haul him into court and try to get a judgment against him.

If you would like to discuss this further feel free to contact me.


Erick Platten

Platten Law Office

304 West Rusk Street

Tyler, Texas

Read more
Answered on 12/27/10, 12:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Texas